Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Feedback for the Reading in this class: Week 15

I really enjoyed reading both the Mahabharata and Ramayana, but I definitely had a preference for the author's who told these stories. I much preferred Narayan's version to Buck's. Although I wasn't a big fan of Buck's version of the Ramayana, it did introduce new characters that were not in Narayan's version Two of these new characters were in my storybook (Trijata and Viradha), so I do think it should be included. I really liked that you are planning to provide the student with a choice between Buck's version and the India readings from Myth-Folklore. I thought this class had a good balance between reading and writing. Personally, I don't think anything needs to be changed with the balance between the two. By the time I got to reading the India stories from Myth-Folklore, I was already close to finishing up my points just based on my storybook assignments due to completing a lot of extra credit. Since I didn't read any of the Myth-Folklore India stories, I can't give you any feedback on those stories, but I do think it would be nice if those stories were offered earlier in the semester like your new schedule would allow. For advice for the students next semester, I would highly suggest working ahead and taking advantage of all of the extra credit options! It will allow you to finish up so much earlier! I would also suggest thinking of ideas for your storytelling as you do your reading diary and writing them down! My last piece of suggestion is just to be CREATIVE! That's what this class was all about for me! Enjoy the storytelling and coming up with new stories. It's a great opportunity to explore your creative side.

No comments:

Post a Comment