Saturday, August 23, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words

This week seemed a lot like deja vu in this class! I have already taken Mythology and Folklore, so some of the assignments for week one definitely overlapped, which was kind of nice. This week I was reminded how much I love the format of Dr. Gibbs' classes. I think it is so cool how we all interact with each other each week through our writings! This week, I read a story, The Echo of Tommy Lin, by Jessica Ackerman. Basically, she turned a nursery rhyme into a scary campfire side type story. I was really impressed with the haunting tone she was able to create. 
Outside of this class, I was enrolled in Human Physiology because I thought I needed it for Nursing, but I found out the Physiology I took last semester already fulfilled the requirement. This means that my semester just got a whole lot easier. My schedule is actually really light now, so I'm looking forward to my first easy semester since the first semester of my freshman year. Last night, I finally got my nursing applications in. I'm hoping to get into the accelerated program at OU in OKC since I will already have my bachelor's degree by the time that I am attending. 
I always have found the first week of classes to be overwhelming, but by the end of week, I feel like I am really starting to get a handle on things. I find it especially frustrating when professors don't really give you a couple of days to get acclimated to class. I definitely felt that way in Human Physiology so I was more than happy when I found out that I did not need to take it. This weekend, Austin and I went with his family to Great Wolf Lodge in Texas. It has been nice to get away, but sometimes it feels like our weekends would be better spent getting ahead or at least caught up in classes rather than just relaxing.

Image Information: Funny meme about syllabus week 
Web Source: Vidette Online

No comments:

Post a Comment