Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 1: My favorite places

The northern lights in Iceland is definitely near the top of my favorite places. Although I have never seen them in person, it makes my top five on my bucket list. They are one of the mysteries of the universe that just leave you in awe. 

Photograph of Aurora Borealis in Sentjarnarnes, Iceland by Kristjan Unnar Kristjansson
Source: The Telegraph


I'm no city girl. There's nothing like a starry night out in the country. Although I grew up in Shawnee, my boyfriend of over three and a half years lives in a small town, Meeker. His families' land is one of my very favorite places. Whenever I'm older, I want to live on a ranch with a couple horses where I can just enjoy the nature around me. 
Ozarks Mountain Country Scenic Sunrise Panorama near Marshfield, Missouri
Photograph by Sid Hamm 



3 comments:

  1. What a nice post, Taylor Marie! And you are the second person this week who has mentioned the Aurora - plus, it's on my bucket list too! The way you paired up the images of the Aurora with the sunrise there is wonderful: did you know that Aurora means "dawn" in Latin? That's how the Aurora Borealis got its name! :-)
    Aurora Borealis

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other person who posted that is actually my boyfriend! We both really want to see the northern lights together! I didn't know that about the meaning of Aurora, it definitely makes sense though. How interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow, that is such a great dream to share. I hope you two will get to do that together. Wonderful! :-)

      Delete