Sunday, August 31, 2014

Week 2: Famous Last Words

When I first saw how much we had to read this week, I was a little bit overwhelmed. However, after reading a couple of pages, it seemed like I was just reading for fun, not doing required reading. The story is so interesting and easy to read. For my storybook assignment, I came up with some ideas that I really liked. My favorite is probably the “good” asuras storybook. I think it would be really interesting to tell their stories. I felt pretty good about my writing this week. From my experience in Dr. Gibb’s class, there are some weeks that the creativeness just flows, but other weeks, it can be really difficult. So far, I feel like I have had a pretty good flow.

My favorite writing that I read this week was probably The Break Room, by Elena Morgan. Similar to my storytelling post, she also focused on the character, Kooni. However, she told the story from the perspective of Kooni, who secretly is overjoyed, while the rest of the kingdom cries about Rama’s exile. I thought it was a very interesting perspective to tell the story from.

My other classes are going pretty well. During the first week of school, I ended up dropping Physiology, therefore, my schedule has become much easier. I am now taking this class, nutrition, understanding statistics, tennis, and intro to biochemical methods. My most challenging class will most likely be biochemical methods. I’ve really enjoyed my tennis class, because I played tennis in high school and always loved it. When I got to college, I just kind of stopped playing, and I didn’t realize how much I missed it until taking my tennis class. I also am really enjoying working at the OU Tennis Club. I just started at the end of the summer. Up until this year, I had never worked during the school year, only the summers, because I am lucky enough to have parents who financially support me. It’s really nice to actually be earning on my own money this year though.

Outside of school and work, my boyfriend and I watched the movie, the Delivery Man. Personally, I think Vince Vaughn does a great job in those heartwarming comedy types of movies, like Delivery Man and The Internship. It was really nice being able to relax over this three day weekend. Unfortunately, I work every Saturday, so it is unlikely that I will be able to attend the football games. This week, my mom kept me updated through text, and it was like I was hearing about a touchdown every 5 minutes! Sooner football is back! 


Image information: Racquet with tennis balls lying on a tennis court

No comments:

Post a Comment