Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1 Storybook Favorites

1. With Love From India by Paige Iven
This is the first storybook I chose to read. I was not at all familiar with the topic before I visited this page. I really liked that the author chose to tell the stories through postcards to her little sister. I thought that was unique. The introduction definitely made me want to read the stories, especially the one she described as Disney-like (I love Disney!). The images went really well with the background, which reminded me of Asia. Overall, I thought the author did a nice job!

2. Epic Couples: The Magical Book of Love Stories by Stacy Von Strohe
I chose this storybook because I am a sucker for a good love story. I'll admit, I thought the background was kind of dull, but I really liked the image on the title page, it seems very magical. Again, I was not very familiar with the stories, however, I did find it interesting that one of the stories from, With Love From India, of Rama and Sita was featured in this storybook as well. The really cool thing about this class, is that those two stories by these two authors are told in a completely different way. The introduction gave a great start to this storybook and left me wanting to learn more.

3. Ganges Gazette by Megan Hose
I thought this storybook was really creative! I love the newspaper background that goes along with their style of storytelling. You can tell that the author put a lot of thought into their storybook. I think the little notices on the sides about upcoming events and advertisements was a really nice touch. After reading the introduction, I wanted to learn more about all of the characters. This was probably my favorite storybook of the three I visited.

No comments:

Post a Comment