Monday, October 6, 2014

Famous Last Words for Week 7

This past week was fairly good. In this class, I wrote my first storybook story about Viradha/Tumburu and revised it. I also ended up changing my background theme, because it was so difficult to see some of the words due to lack of contrast. I feel really good about how my first story turned out! I just hope that my next story will flow easily like the last one. My next story will be about Mareecha as the golden deer! One of my favorite storybooks that I have read so far is Epic TV of India by Elena Morgan. Her storybook is set up as a TV channel that has the shows: The Real Housewives of Dasaratha, Judge Dharma, Swayamvara: The Bachelorette, and the UMFC Championship fight. I thought it was so creative to model the stories of the Ramayana after popular TV shows. She even added in commercials with advertisements like Dr. Rama’s Magic Potion Lotion that could turn stone like Ahalya into a beautiful woman! How creative!

My other classes were pretty relaxed. On Thursday when I was supposed to have tennis class, I ended up sleeping in, but when I looked at my phone later, I realized that my class had been cancelled anyways! So that was pretty nice. This semester has been great, because I don’t have particularly difficult classes; however, I am a little worried it will be hard to adjust to next semester which will be much more difficult. It’s just been so easy to procrastinate this semester, especially since I am a senior. Hopefully, I can get out of that next semester.


Outside of classes, this week was pretty uneventful. My sister had a 4D ultrasound on Friday. Unfortunately, I had class so I didn’t get to go, but I did get to see some pretty amazing pictures, so I’ll share one here! Some of the things that we can do with technology now are just incredible! Can’t wait to meet my new nephew in less than two months!!  

Personal photo from my sister's 4D ultrasound of sweet baby James 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Haley! Your background theme looks great! Good decision there. Some of the other students have really difficult themes behind a clear text box and it tends to make reading their posts much more difficult!
    I am sure that you will be able to adjust to your new workload next semester. Just do not forget to relax every once in a while! Dont let yourself become too enveloped in your work and forget to sleep or something. Our brains have to recover! Congrats on your nephew!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Taylor! I really liked the background that you chose for your storybook. By your suggestion, I also read Elena's storybook and thought that it was great. The commercials were one of the most creative ideas that I've seen so far. Lucky break on the tennis class! I haven't had such luck in my classes this semester, so I'm kind of jealous. Sorry that you had to miss Jessica's ultrasound, but I'm so excited that James will be here sometime in the next 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Taylor,

    Good idea on changing the background, it looks great. I'm excited to read your stories and I agree on the Epics TV of India StoryBook! I also wrote about that one on my Famous Last Words. And I love it when that happens! It's really rare that I miss a class and it's ACTUALLY canceled, but when it happens, I always feel like the luckiest person. Wow! 4D ultrasounds are awesome. It's crazy how far technology has progressed. That's so cool. Good luck to you and your sister! Hope everything goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete