Sunday, October 26, 2014

Famous Last Words for Week 10: I'M ENGAGED!!

This Saturday was one of the best days of my life! Austin and I got engaged!
So here's the whole story:

Austin and I will have been dating for 4 years on November 24th of this year. Around the time we first started dating, I made a bucket list. It included visiting every continent, seeing the seven natural wonders of the world, and going on a hot air balloon ride. So this year for my birthday, Austin wanted to take me on a hot air balloon ride since it was on my bucket list! The first thing that I thought was that he might be proposing, so pretty much as soon as he suggested it, I told my family how he wanted to take me on a hot air balloon ride and he might be proposing. Austin knew he had to get my dad's permission though, so I asked my dad and mom if he had talked to dad. My family is not usually very good at lying, so when they told me he hadn't, I was thoroughly convinced that he wasn't going to ask on the hot air balloon ride. In order to go on a hot air balloon ride, there is about a month wait. Austin and his mom got the hot air balloon ride set up, and we finally got to go yesterday. We needed to be there at 4:30 in order to get up in the air on time, so when we got stuck in stand-still traffic leaving Norman, I'm sure Austin was having a bit of a panic attack. We ended up getting there at 5:00, and the guys that were taking us were still able to get us up in the air by 5:40. Basically, they have to land before sunset due to all of these regulations, so we were originally supposed to take off by 5:30 and land by 6:30, but the sun didn't set until 6:45 so we ended up getting to stay up there an hour anyway. Once we were up the air, it was surreal. I mean once in a lifetime kind of stuff. It was so peaceful up there and just beautiful! Here's some pictures!



Personal photos from our hot air balloon ride! 

About 40 minutes into the balloon ride, I was looking out just taking everything in, and when I turned around Austin was down on one knee (which was quite a feat for how small this basket was). I was pretty shocked so I missed the first part of what he said, but as soon as he started saying "Will you marry me?", I was already saying "Yes". I cannot wait to marry my best friend! I'm so excited to be able to call him my fiance, because it is so much more official! 
When we landed, which was probably the only really scary part of the balloon ride, I saw my whole family and his family waiting for us. Apparently they had been driving below us the whole entire time! After taking some pictures and doing a champagne toast, we went to Hideaway Pizza, and I was surprised to find even more family and friends gathered there for our engagement party! It was the perfect day and even more than I could have imagined! 

The ring!


Austin's parents! I couldn't be more lucky to marry into such a wonderful family!
 My future brother-in-laws and sister-in-law! (Plus Justin's girlfriend, Hayley!)
My whole family!

Personal photos from our engagement party

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, Taylor Marie, what a beautiful day!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS to both of you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete