Monday, October 20, 2014

Famous Last Words for Week 9

This week was kind of a rollercoaster of emotions due to some personal issues, but hopefully I am finally off of that ride. It is amazing how confusing and complicated life can get in a very short period of time. A month ago everything is going fine, and then somehow you find that your relationships are in a completely different state than they were only a month ago. It’s terrible how that happens.

Aside from some difficulties in my personal relationships, last week wasn’t terrible. In this class, I felt decent about my writing. I finally decided to do a storytelling post after skipping for the past two weeks before review week. I think it really helps when I brainstorm ideas while writing my reading diaries, because then I have an idea on Wednesday rather than having to come up with something. For this week’s story, I used a modern style of retelling which I hadn’t had a chance to do this semester so I really enjoyed it. I did end up skipping the second assigned reading this week due to my rollercoaster of emotions, but I’m hoping to go ahead and read that part when I read for Monday. For my storybook, I hadn’t been really happy with my second story so I ended up with a lot of revising to do, but now I feel much better about it. When I first wrote it, I just wasn’t in the zone, but during revising I was finally able to add some emotion into the story.

My other classes have been going well up to this point. I have a midterm in my biochemical methods class on Wednesday which I am pretty nervous about it. The problem is that it is my only really difficult class so if I don’t do well I’d be really disappointed.


Although this week was difficult emotionally, I found that visiting my little sister with Big Brothers Big Sisters could really benefit me, as well as her. Visiting her really cheered me up! We worked on a craft for Halloween with these toilet paper rolls. These are the product:

Image information: Personal photo of my Halloween craft with my "little sister" 

I also saw the movie, Independence Day, for the first time at the request of my roommates. It was a fantastic movie! "We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive. Today we celebrate our independence day!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment