Monday, October 13, 2014

Famous Last Words for Week 8

BOOMER SOONER! So glad that OU beat Texas this weekend! Unfortunately, I had to work during the game, so not only did I not go to Texas, I didn’t even get to watch the game. I was constantly checking the score on the computer at work. From what I hear, it was not a great game so maybe I didn’t miss much. Usually, I only work on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturday, but this week I worked Thursday and Friday, as well, to cover some of my co-workers shifts who went to Texas. While I was sad that I missed going to Texas, I will probably go next year since I will technically still be an undergraduate at the OU nursing school and my boyfriend will be a senior. I really want to go at least once, so hopefully we can make it next year!

Image information: Oklahoma beat Texas... Again!
Web Source: Cargo Collective

In this class, I really enjoyed having a review week! I have liked the reading for this class, but it was nice to have a break from that. I’m glad that the next book is written by Narayan rather than Buck, because I definitely preferred Narayan’s version of the Ramayana. For my storybook this week, I added my second story about Mareecha. For my first story, I did not change anything major in the story, but for this story, I changed a major part of the ending. I’m really anxious to get feedback about this story, because I am not sure how I feel about it.


In my other classes, I had one test this week in Nutrition which went well. I finished up my tennis class this week. My tennis class was only half of a semester. I have a volleyball class the second half of the semester. I kind of wish tennis was just the full semester because I really enjoy that sport more. I played volleyball my first two years of high school, while I played tennis all four years. Overall, my classes this semester are going well. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry you had to work during the big game. I have had to work during it for the last 3 years, but finally got to not only SEE the game, but GO TO the game! It was incredible!
    I agree with you that I much preferred Narayan's version. It was short, sweet, and to the point without lacking detail. Buck's seems to drag on and on. Maybe it's just because we read Narayan's first, but I felt like I struggled to get through Buck's version.
    It's neat that you play tennis! I used to play for my middle school team, but now I just occasionally awkwardly run around and dork it up while playing racquetball.

    ReplyDelete