Sunday, September 28, 2014

Famous Last Words for Week 6

This week I was probably the world’s worst procrastinator. For the first time, I did not do a storytelling blog post, which I was kind of disappointed in myself about. I feel like I have earned enough points to make up for it though! For my storytelling post, I feel really good about my introduction, but I have not quite started my first story which I plan to do immediately after I finish this post! My first story is going to be the story of Tumburu/Viradha! I will probably go in order of how the characters were introduced in my introduction.

In my other classes, things haven’t been too busy! Biochemical Methods is still my hardest class! In lab, we have been doing chromatography which is actually pretty interesting. The concept is basically that you are able to separate a mixture on the basis of size or charge.

Outside of class, this week was my birthday! I turned 22 this Friday! On Thursday, I went to dinner and bowling with some of my really great friends! We went to Logan’s Steakhouse and Sooner Bowl. On Friday night, I went to the Phillip Phillips concert with my little. It was really good, but I didn’t know a bunch of the songs because I hadn’t realized that Phillip Phillips came out with a new album. His music is so relaxing though! On Saturday, I got off work to go to my oldest sister’s baby shower! She is now 31 weeks, almost to the safe zone! For her shower, my other sister and I got her a diaper bag. I’m so excited to meet my nephew, James Anthony in about 2 months! After the shower, my whole family went to Musashi’s. My favorite gift was the necklace that I got from my sister and brother-in-law that says “Aunt Taylor”. Overall, I had a really great birthday with awesome friends and family! 

Image information: Personal photo of my new necklace from my sister, Jessica

2 comments:

  1. I hit a rough patch lately too. I think it's that time of the semester. I also missed a storytelling one week - might've been week 6, or maybe 5 - and I remember thinking on Wednesday night, "I still haven't done it... I need to do it... Oh well, I have extra credit." And then the week after that, I totally forgot about the blog comments - like, I think I just forgot that I hadn't done them yet. Oops!

    Happy birthday! I just had a birthday too - Sept 18, I turned 21. And congrats to your sister! Sounds like you've got a lot of great things going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally sympathize with you; at this time in the semester, I've started to put off assignments to the last minute and procrastinate, but it's so hard to keep the momentum going! Luckily--for this class, at least--there is extra credit to keep you from losing a substantial number of points for missing an assignment or two.

    Happy belated birthday! And congratulations to your sister, and to you for your new 'aunt' status! Doesn't it feel like life's flying by and we're getting so old? Even if we are only in our 20s, haha. I hope everything continues to go well for you!

    ReplyDelete