Saturday, September 20, 2014

Week 5: Famous Last Words


         This week seemed to fly by for some reason! On Monday, I worked a double shift at work which was exhausting, but after that my week was really light! I was really worried about writing my storybook introduction last weekend, because I didn’t know if I would be able to write it as well as I wanted. After starting it though, I felt really good about it! The story really just started flowing. I think that I’ll definitely enjoy writing stories for it, and I hope y’all will enjoy reading them! I was really impressed by the story, The Time of a New King, by Jeremy Wiggins! He retold the story of when King Dasaratha passed and the messengers rode for Bharata. Instead of the messengers refusing to tell Bharata what had happened, they mourned with him. I thought that this made the story so much more emotional and touching.

            In one of my other classes, I had a nutrition assignment this week that asked me to do a nutritional analysis of an unhealthy recipe, and then modify it to make it healthier. I chose to analyze a banana bread recipe that has been in my family for years. To modify it, I substituted Splenda for sugar and fat-free sour cream for regular sour cream. I don’t know if that would still taste good though. I definitely will have to try it sometime and see if it is any good, because I’d really like to eat healthier. Also, if you use gluten-free baking soda, it really decreases the sodium content! In Biochemical Methods Lab, it seems that I finally got good data for once. It’s definitely one of those labs where you could do everything right, but still somehow get terrible data, so this week was quite an achievement. 


           Outside of school, I have started running again. Over the summer, I ran quite a bit, but when school started back up, my running routine was completely forgotten. Finally, I’m starting to get back into the schedule again, but it is so hard. The mental part of running has always been the hardest for me. It takes so much will-power to keep going when all you want to do is stop. I refuse to be a quitter though!


Running quote - Gotta love those voices in your head!

Image information: Quote about running

Web Source: Pinterest


No comments:

Post a Comment