Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 4: Famous Last Words

I think that this week was my best writing for this class! I wrote about Sita’s exile. I felt that this writing was especially strong, because my sister is pregnant like Sita, so I know of some of the fears that Jessica, my sister is experiencing. I tried to really capture the maternal instinct that Sita would have felt. For my storybook, I have chosen to write about some of the good asuras. Vibhishana, Trijata, Mareecha (not quite good, but he tried to be), and Viradha have made it into my storybook, Asuras Anonymous! I really considered doing a user’s choice storybook which I did last year, but I decided not to because I wanted to be able to focus on more characters. Asuras Anonymous is supposed to be sort of like Alcoholics Anonymous so I think it will be an interesting storytelling style!

In my other classes, I had my first test this week in Nutrition. It wasn’t too difficult, and I have really enjoyed the class. I definitely wouldn’t say I eat super healthy or anything, but through this class, I have changed my diet a little bit and really tried to add fiber into my diet and cut back on soda. I would like to cut out soda completely, but I just like it too much! I find that I am experiencing a little bit of Senioritis. Symptoms include severe lack of motivation, failure to study, and can lead to long all-nighters the day before assignments are due. My Senioritis has been especially severe in my Biochemical Methods Lab. I just really hate writing lab reports. I actually still need to write mine which is due on Tuesday at 1:30. You would think I have plenty of time, but I pretty much work all day tomorrow.

Outside of school, I went to a murder mystery dinner with my family and boyfriend. Austin and I were these young characters who were in love and engaged, but then we found out that our characters were first cousins, so that was awkward. Austin’s character was also only with me for my “family’s” money. Scandalous, right? All of the characters had these terrible secrets, and you would not believe how many of them were cheating on their significant others! It was a really fun night though, and I really enjoyed it! My dad’s character ended up being the murderer! Although, I had at one time pushed the victim down the stairs, so I was definitely a main suspect. If you want to do a murder mystery, there is one in Guthrie, OK at the Stone Lion Inn, and I would definitely recommend it! 

Image information: Personal photo of Austin and I from the Stone Lion Inn Murder Mystery (September 2014)

Image information: Personal photo of my father and I from the Stone Lion Inn Murder Mystery (September 2014)

No comments:

Post a Comment