Sunday, September 7, 2014

Week 3: Famous Last Words

This week was pretty good! I still haven’t finished my Storybook assignment, but I think I have a couple ideas for storytelling styles. My favorite storytelling post that I read this week was Jatayu and Sampathi by Austin Clanton. I really liked the storytelling style of a bedtime story that he used. I am considering using that style of storytelling for my storybook.  I felt decent about my storytelling post this week. I decided to fill in the gap about what happened to Sita while she was kidnapped by Ravana because I thought that was really important. 

I have felt decent about my other classes. Nutrition has been really interesting. It definitely has been making me want to eat healthier. It seems like vegetables are one of the best food groups out there, but variety and moderation are really important too. It seems like Biochemical Methods will be challenging this semester, but our professor keeps saying that the class gets easier after we get past the first couple of assignments. I also just really dislike labs and lab reports. They have got to be the worst thing about being a science major. I'm also taking tennis this semester, and it is from 11:30-1:10, which has been pretty terrible because it is in the heat of day. I've definitely come back dehydrated from that class a time or two. 

Outside of school, this week was pretty uneventful. I've been working on Monday, Wednesday, and Saturdays at the OU Tennis Club, and I'm still really enjoying that. I also am continuing to volunteer with Big Brothers Big Sisters this year, which I did last year as well. My little sister is so sweet, and I'm really glad to see her again after the summer! I went hope for part of the weekend and saw Guardians of the Galaxy with my family. I highly recommend it! It's a lot serious than most Marvel movies, but there is a lot of humor and touching moments, along with great music! 

Image information: Photo from the movie, Guardians of the Galaxy 
Web Source: Wired

No comments:

Post a Comment